Friday, April 30, 2010

AWOL

I'm away for the weekend, visiting my very good friend Alison in Fradley (near Lichfield)

It will be a proper girlie weekend, I'm leaving the children in the care of their father (which means that when I eventually return home my house will look like a bombsite, the dirty clothes basket will be full to overflowing, ditto the ironing pile, the dog wont have had a decent walk since Thursday and the fridge and the cupboards will be bare...) so that Al and I can get pedicures, go to the cinema, maybe get a curry, drink some cocktails and indulge in a little retail therapy.

Bliss.

The children aren't amused. They don't understand why I'm going without them and depriving them of the opportunity to see their friends - Katie, Christopher and Rachel (Alison's children) so I told them why -
  1. because I'm going friday to monday and you'd miss 2 days of school,
  2. it'd cost more to take you as well
  3. it's a girlie weekend, we don't want to have to worry about entertaining 5 kids, we want to entertain ourselves!
I know they'll make me pay for it later, but hey, every silver lining has a cloud!

No comments: